Monday, November 21, 2011

Chill

Emma and I came to the surprising realization a few days ago that we've been feeling a bit of a chill in the air. Now that the rainy season has finally ended we've been having gorgeous sunny days, with very low humidity - it's perfectly comfortable. However because the skies are so clear it's been getting much cooler at night, and we've been wearing more layers. For example on Saturday night Em and I went out for dinner, and at our outdoor table we were both really glad we were wearing jackets.

The strange thing about this is that the low temps have still been in the mid-60s F - around 18C - but because we came right from Minneapolis summer to Bangalore weather we've been living in warm weather for over six months now, and I suppose we're getting used to it. I'm going back to Minneapolis in a couple of weeks for the first time since we moved here, and I'm already freaking out about how cold it's going to be. Looking at weather.com right now I'm seeing the temp there is 19F, which is -7C. That is a terrifying thought, and I'm realizing how I've been getting softened up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment