Saturday, July 16, 2011

Health

One of the things which has been a bit of a challenge lately has been staying healthy, or at least fit. When I was in Bangalore a couple of weeks ago I did make it to the hotel's sumptuously appointed gym a couple of times but since I got back it's been a bit more sporadic. Jetlag didn't help with getting up early for a run but I've been trying really hard to get back into my routine (5 or so runs a week).

On Wednesday morning the weather was absolutely beautiful so I ran round Lake of the Isles - a wonderful location and something I'm going to miss a ton. And this morning I had a good workout at the YMCA. It's been strange how tired I was feeling on the days I wasn't exercising and how much more energy I have even when I get up early to run. So I should keep it going as it also really helps with stress reduction.

Food is also a bit of a challenge - with only 12 days to go things feel very temporary so it doesn't feel worth doing decent grocery shopping. Unfortunately this makes it all too easy to eat junk food or go out for meals. Again Emma and I are trying to make a real effort to keep things healthy and we are mostly overcoming junk temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment